City Sales Ltd MREINZ Licensed Real Estate Agent Real Estate Agents Act 2008 COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEDURE In accordance with : Rule 12 Real Estate Agents Act : Professional Conduct and Client Care Rules 2012. Introduction You do not have to use our Complaints and Resolution procedure. You may make a complaint directly to the Real Estate Agents Authority at any time. You can make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority even if you choose to also use our procedures.
Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedures Our Complaints and Dispute Resolution Procedures are designed to provide a simple and personalised process for resolving any complaint you might have in regards to our Agency.
• STEP 1: In the first instance, call us and speak to the Sales Director (or Licensee). Discuss your concerns and who may be involved. A meeting with the Senior Management may be appropriate at this point.
• STEP 2: The Sales Director may ask you to put your complaint in writing. This should be in the form of a letter or fax – not an email.
• STEP 3: On receipt of your complaint, the appropriate parties will be spoken to and your concerns investigated. The City Sales parties involved will be asked to respond directly in writing to the Sales Director addressing your complaint. All communications at and beyond this point will be through the Sales Director unless otherwise authorised.
• STEP 4: Depending on the complexity of the issues involved, City Sales will respond in writing within 10 working days of receiving your formal complaint. You may also be invited to discuss your concerns with us and those involved, directly, if that is considered appropriate in the circumstances. City Sales written response may include a proposal for resolving the dispute.
• STEP 5: City Sales Ltd undertake to comply with the Professional Conduct and Client Care Rules 2012 under the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 at all times in attempting to resolve your dispute. Should there be no agreed resolution at this point, that will be the end of our process.
REMEMBER: You can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority in the first instance, and even if you use the above procedures you can still make a complaint to the Real Estate Agents Authority at any time. The Real Estate Agents Authority Level 2, 10 Brandon Street PO Box 25371 Panama Street Wellington 6146 www.reaa.govt.nz Ph 0800 367 7322 select Option 2 - available from landlines only or (04) 471 8930 select Option 2 - if you're calling from a mobile phone. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org